Thursday, February 6, 2014

Barbecue Sauce

We ran out of barbecue sauce last month, and I haven't needed it truthfully.  Today I did see a need for barbecue sauce and felt inspired to make it myself for the first time.  I love barbecue sauce.  It adds so much flavor to meat, poultry, and food in general and reminds me of my California roots.

 Homemade barbecue sauce, what could be better?

 Ingredients for this recipe are: 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar (brown sugar will also work), 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon Spicy Dijon Mustard, 2 teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.

Pour all ingredients in a blender.

 Blend all ingredients together until smooth.

Pour sauce into sauce pan over medium-high heat and bring to boil.

After boiling, simmer for five minutes.  I love the color, the smell is incredible too.

Bottle it up.  I had enough for a pint and some left over for my baked beans (stay tuned for this recipe).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment