Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs

My son explained to me that he didn't like my fried chicken nuggets and wanted them with bread crumbs. I ran out of Panko Bread Crumbs, my preferred choice.  Guess what happens when I run out of a key ingredient.  You should know by now that means I'm going to make it, since one I'm too lazy to leave my apartment for one ingredient and two, at the time I didn't have a van to drive anyway. Have you run out of an ingredient and decided to try to make it yourself?  Recipes from necessity are always my favorite.  

 Beautiful crispy Panko bread crumbs, so versatile.


Ingredient for this recipe is:

4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread

Pre-heat to 325 Fahrenheit

 Cut crust off bread.  

 Cut sliced bread into 2 inch squared pieces.

 Place 1/3 of bread into blender and shred until small bread crumbs are formed.

 Dump crumbs on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Blend remaining bread, and repeat process.

Baked bread crumbs for 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.

Remove bread crumbs and allow to cool before using.

Enjoy!


Panko Bread Crumbs
Printable Recipe Found Here

4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread

Pre-heat to 325 Fahrenheit

Cut crust off bread.  

Cut sliced bread into 2 inca squared pieces.
Place 1/3 of bread into blender and shred until small bread crumbs are formed, dump crumbs on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Blend remaining bread, and repeat process.

Baked bread crumbs for 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.

Remove bread crumbs and allow to cool before using.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment